How they work
Pets are a great source of damage, gaining damage from your Tap damage. Pets attack by firing a lightning bolt at the Titan, dealing loads of damage. Pets also give a boost to pet damage. There are two types of pets: Legacy pets and Exotic pets. Legacy pets were added from the start of the game, and Exotic pets were added in 3.5.
To trigger a pet to attack, you must either have 200 total pet levels to get auto pet attack, or you must be tapping. If you have auto attack, your pet will attack every 3 seconds. Every 20 taps, your pet will attack as well. This number can be decreased by leveling Pet Evolution, in the Summoner part of the skill tree.
In addition to that, each pet has a bonus it will offer you. This is the main reason you decide to get a pet to a high level or not. Some pets increase All damage, others All gold, others some form of Hero damage, etc. This bonus increases linearly as the pet level increases. This bonus can be increased by the artifacts Heart of Storms and Apollo Orb for the Legacy pets, and Sticky Fruit and Hades Orb for the Exotic pets.
You may only have one pet active at a time, and that pet will apply 100% of these bonuses (the pet damage bonus and the specific other bonus). If you own other pets, they will all be marked as inactive. While inactive, a pet will output a certain percentage of their active abilities, with that percentage being determined by the pet's level. The percentage increases by 5% for every 5 levels the pet gains. 0% at level 0-4, 5% for 5-9 etc. Once a pet reaches level 100, it no longer needs to be selected to get its maximum power, as its passive will be 100%. Once all your pets are level 100+, it doesn't really matter which pet you equip anymore. An exception to this is when you have the Fatal Samurai set.
Past level 100, the main bonus will receive a bonus every 20 levels. This bonus is called an 'improvement bonus'. This is a constant factor, which depends on the type of bonus the pet offers. Fluffers (mana regeneration) has a rather low factor, while the two All gold pets (Polly and Bubbles) have a rather high factor.
Pets also have various skill tree skills that give them quick time events, allowing them to deal increased amounts of damage. The Lightning Burst skill will make your pet fly above your head, where orbs appear around its body. The number of orbs depends on the skill level (up to 8 orbs will appear). The pet will charge up as you tap. Once fully charged, the pet will be obscured by a white ball, tapping on which will cause your pet to instantly deal an increased amount of damage with the ability to splash through titans and bosses. The Flash Zip skill makes your pet fly around the screen, waiting at random points. Tapping on your pet will cause it to deal damage and fly to a new place. After a few of these, the pet will float directly above the boss, and tapping on it here will unleash a huge burst of damage, potentially killing the boss.
Both quick time events are randomly triggered, and have a hidden cooldown between usages (20 s for Lightning Burst, 15 s for Flash Zip). Flash Zip, however, only occurs during boss fights. Lightning Burst will only start charging on regular titans, but will still be usable on bosses. Using Flash Zip or Lightning Burst also makes your pet "charged" for 30 seconds, which increases your pet's damage.
How to get them
There are multiple ways to obtain pets
- Every 4 hours you will gain 1 egg, when you open the egg you will receive a random pet between level 1-5
- Bear Shop: Every 6 hours your shop will reset with random deals, you can get pets from levels 3-10. The price is 30 diamonds per pet level.
- Tournament rewards: Every 3rd tournament there be a shard + pet tournament. The number of eggs will depend on your tournament bracket and your tournament placement.
- The last way to obtain pets is through Silver and Titan chests. The number of eggs you receive will depend on the level of the chest.
- Pet Quests: Every day you will get 4 pet quests. They will give your pet XP when completed and every 100 XP points your pet will gain a level.
The Fatal Samurai set is a Mythic Equipment Set in the game that, once completed, gives a 25% bonus to the level of your selected pet. This is especially good on high level pets, since they will get quite a few extra improvement bonuses.
- The Barbaric Fury skill adds additional taps per second which help towards faster pet attacks.
- The Pet Evolution skill, on top of increasing pet damage, also reduces the amount of taps needed to do a pet attack.
- The Flash Zip skill, on top of its main ability, reduces the cool down of pet skills. (Pet heart of Midas, lightning burst, and flash zip itself)
- After using the Flash Zip or Lightning Burst skill your pet will become temporarily "charged" and when it is in this state it will glow. While charged pet damage is increased by a factor dependent on the level of your pet Flash Zip skill.
|Name||Pet Bonus||Current Max Bonus Level|
|Basky||Warrior Hero Damage||10,100|
|Cerberus||Warrior Hero Damage||10,100|
|Harker||Mage Hero Damage||10,100|
|Mousy||Ranger Hero Damage||10,100|
|Scraps||Ranger Hero Damage||10,100|
|Tempest||All Hero Damage||10,100|
|Toto||All Hero Damage||10,100|
|Zero||Mage Hero Damage||10,100|
|Bash||Ground Hero Damage||10,100|
|Cosmos||Aura Primary Boost||10,100|
|Violet||Flying Hero Damage||10,100|
|Percy||Armor Primary Boost||10,100|
|Effie||Helmet Primary Boost||10,100|
|Xander||Inactive Sneak Count||1|
|Annabelle||Sword Primary Boost||10,100|
|Taffy||Slash Primary Boost||10,100
See Pet Quests for more information